No camera into Sungai Congkak Recreational Forest

It happened during one of my OFF day last week - yes, it was on a 1-week school holiday. I thought I could pay a visit to Sungai Congkak Recreational Forest since Selangor Tourism has taken over the operation of the park months ago. I was all ready to pay the entrance fee of RM1. There were many visitors to the park when I arrived at around 11am. When I wanted to hand over the RM1 note to the staff, he stopped me and asked for a approval letter from State Forestry Department for bringing my camera into the forest. He claimed that taking photograph is consider taking away the forest resources and I should get an approval from the Forestry Department prior to my visit. Well, with all the visitors lining up to enter the park, I avoid any argument and went back into my car and drove to Perdek which is next to this recreational forest.


So, later when I reached home I wrote an email regarding this matter to the Forestry Department but yet to get any reply. So, if they really want to get all photographers to write letter for approval, they might as well get photographers to apply for a license just like hunters applying for license with PERHILITAN to shoot wildboars, etc. There is an increasing number of nature photographers locally and many foreign tourist also brings camera into the forest, should they get permission too?


Powered by Qumana


posted by wengchun @ 8:27 AM,

1 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger mike kan said...

WengChun We were there 31st May 2008 No problem then to go in with all our gears. I think they purposely make it difficult for u then..............

 

Post a Comment

<< Home